Sunday, November 05, 2006

CLASS OF 1965





Cheryl (Green) Baumgardner
Husband: Haynes Baumgardner

Though I didn’t graduate from Schertz, I attended SCHS from ’61-’64. I consider it "my" high school. I married Haynes in ’69 & we have 2 children, Natalie & Troy. Both are single, so no grandbabies. We were in the Air Force for 25 years. Since Haynes’ retirement in ’94, he has taught middle & high school.


Kathleen (Thornell) Bowings
Husband: John Bowings (Class of 1964)

I married my high school sweetheart, John Bowings, at Randolph AFB in June, 1967. After basic training John was assigned to Kelly AFB and then it was off to Japan for two years. I followed him to Offutt AFB and then on to Delaware for him to finish his education. We adopted 3 children in Delaware and after moving to Plano, Texas adopted our fourth child. When the last child was in school it was time for me to pursue my avenue of interest, home building. After working in sales administration and learning the necessary field work, attending concrete school, and acquiring a few other educational skills, I became the first female construction superintendent for Fox & Jacobs, a major home builder in the DFW area. I was with F&J for 14 years. I was presented with an opportunity to go into commercial construction with Paragon Group. While with Paragon Group I spent a portion of time in Salt Lake City building apartments. I returned to Dallas and was the superintendent in the construction of the Paragon Building. My first love always remained in homes and I jumped at the first chance I got to go into remodeling and refurbishing older homes in Dallas. After a very successful career, medical problems forced me to slow down. I returned to administrative work for the Bureau of National Affairs part time until I could no longer work. I was forced to "retire" in 1991 and since then I have enjoyed my leisure time with my children, my grandchildren and to my joy, still following John from place to place as he pursues his interests..




Jack Chisenhall
Wife: Tammy Monaco Chisenhall

Graduated 1970 Southwest Texas State U. 1st Lt. In U.S. Air Force. Vintage Air for 28 years. Married Tammy Monaco Chisenhall. Children: Christine and husband Andrew Ashmore, grandchild Jack. Mary and husband Jason Cherry. John, Jack Landis II and Allison. Hobbies: Go-carting with my boys, traveling, building hot rods.

Russell (Rusty) Cook
Wife: Debbie Cook

After graduating high school in 1965 I went to San Antonio Junior College for a year, then served 4 years in the Air Force wit tours to Vietnam, Thailand, Germany, Italy and Florida. Upon exiting the Air Force I attended Southwest Texas State University (now Texas State University) and received a Bachelor of Arts degree (major in sociology, minor in psychology) in 1975. I was a juvenile probation officer for 6 years and purchasing agent for a construction company for 1 year. Following this I went in to Social Services, and have 20 years with the State of Texas and Houston Works USA in the position of Facilitator/Trainer. I married Debbie Cook, an analyst with Shell Oil Products and the love of my life in 1982. We reside in Houston, Texas and are the proud parents of 1 daughter. Mandelyn is 21 years old and recently enlisted in the Air Force. She is currently stationed at Hill AFB, Utah. In my spare time I enjoy spending time with family and friends, golfing, exercising, and officiating high school volleyball and basketball games.

Diana (Clayton) Dismukes
BS from Texas Women’s University in Merchandising. M.A. in Anthropology from U. Of Houston. President at CRM firm in Houston/Archeologist with TxDDT now with Texas Parks and Wildlife. Divorced – 2 children, Brandon, 32 married 4 grandchildren and Blair,22 married 2-step grandchildren and 1 due end of August.

Gloria (Campbell) Gallagher
Husband: Daniel Gallagher

I attended Schertz-Cibolo (OG Wiederstein Jr. High) in 7th & 8th Grades (1959-1961) and SCHS in 9th Gr. (1961-62). At that time we moved to Alexandria, VA where I attended Lee High School in 10th Gr. We were transferred back to Texas in 1963 and moved onto Randolph AFB where I attended Randolph HS My junior and senior year graduating in 1965. I married Charles (Chuck) Pechuls (a 1964 graduate of Randolph) in 1966. We were married for 10 years and had 3 children, Allison (1969) and identical twin boys, Kyle and Mark (1970). Chuck and I moved to Florida in 1972. I re-married in 1978 and we had a son, Kelly (1982) and we moved to New Braunfels in 2002. I’m retired (former legal secretary/paralegal) and my husband works at BMW of Austin as a business manager. Danny has one son from his previous marriage who lives in Austin. We have 9 grandkids all together. We moved here to be close to my parents after my brother, Freddie, passed away three years ago. They live at the Air Force Village near Lackland.

Wally Meyer
Wife: Leleo Meyer

I’ve been married twice, 5 children, 2 are grown. We live outside of Marion, TX. Two of my kids are in college, 1 is a senior in H.S. I am a paint contractor & home repair. I hunt and fish a lot and make arrowheads. My wife works for the Marion ISD.

Tamar (Tam Newbold) Grayson
Husband: Bruce Newbold

Bruce and I are still teaching – he "cuts up dead bones" at Univ. of Miami and I’ve been teaching nursing assistant courses for the past 20 years. 12 years ago we built our "dream house" a few miles north of Homestead, moved in 2 days before hurricane Andrew. Our dream turned into a nightmare! Our main hobby these days is single action shooting. We joined the SASS Organization several years ago, traveling around Florida to monthly shoots and annual 3 day shoots in Orlando and Covington, GA. At this point in time, we are thinking about retiring to New Mexico or Arizona – hankering for a change in humidity. You can E Me via Bruce using: bgrayson@fig.cox.miami.edu Oh! My SASS alias is Big Bad Bertha Bowie.


Bill (Willie) Wills
Wife: Shirley Wills

After high school, went to California Polytechnic State University. Graduated in 1969, BS in Biology. Commissioned as 2nd Lt. in U.S. Army. Stationed in Virginia, Georgia, Germany, Vietnam, and Texas. Got out of the Army and went to school for Air Conditioning and Refrigeration. Worked for a couple of years for a couple of different companies. Got on with H.E.B. Grocery Co. in 1976 and have been with them until now. Was awarded an H.E.B. scholarship and earned an Associates Degree in Management from San Antonio College. Currently work at H.E.B.’s San Antonio Retail Support Center located near IH 35 and Rittiman Road as Refrigeration Foreman. Married on October 21, 1979 to Shirley Green. She graduated from Harlandale High School in San Antonio. Shirley has been a substitute teacher in the Judson ISD for the past 14 years. She has also worked in the travel industry. She has also worked in the medical field as a medical assistant and as a dental assistant. We have 2 kids, a son (Jeremy) 25 and a daughter (Heather) 20. Jeremy works for Target at the Forum. Heather is currently attending San Antonio College. She plans to attend Texas State University in San Marcos to get degrees in teaching and dance. She taught dance for the Herman Sons New Braunfels Lodge this year. Shirley and Bill have been in all the 48 contiguous states except North Dakota. They have also been to Oahu and the big island of Hawaii. In Canada, they have been to Vancouver and Toronto. Abroad, they have been to London, England, Paris, France, Rome, Florence, Venice, Sorrento and Pompeii, Italy, and Amsterdam, Holland. They also enjoy cruising. They have cruised to Jamaica, Grand Cayman, the Bahamas, Key West, St. Marten, St. Thomas, Belize, and Mexico.

Kenneth Moore

Calvin Koehler
Wife: Victoria Koehler

Sharon (Christman) Draper
Husband: Bob Draper

I graduated from Texas Tech in 1969, worked as a flight attendant for American Airlines for one year. Married Bob Draper in 1970 and followed his Air Force career on tours to Germany, New Mexico, Virginia, North Carolina and Korea. One Son Rob born in Germany; daughter Stephanie in New Mexico. We settled in Universal City in 1988. Now work for Sato Travel. Have 2 grandchildren in Colorado Springs.




Ruth (Krueger) Martin
Husband: Dwight Martin

I have a BS in Computer Science from Weyland Baptist University. Two children, Michele age 34 and Allan age 33. Still working as Data Manager at Randolph AFB.


Elida (Acuna) Livergood

I attended Schertz-Cibolo High School my junior year, and moved away in October, 1964, at the start of my senior year. I graduated high school in Newport News, Virginia in June, 1965. I married a man in the Army and have lived in various places both in the states and abroad. Outside the US, I lived in Stuttgart, Germany and Bangkok, Thailand. In the states, I lived in Newport News, VA; El Paso, TX; Aurora, CO, Wheaton, MD; and finally back to the San Antonio area. I am divorced and now reside in Schertz. I only have 1 child, a daughter, who along with her family, lives in Cibolo. My granddaughters will one day graduate from the new Steele High School. I am employed at PacifiCare Health Systems as a medical claims examiner.

Margery "Pepper" Huston

I have a BBA from St. Mary’s University (1980) and JD from University of Iowa College of Law (1983) I am divorced with 4 children and 2 grandchildren.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home