Sunday, November 05, 2006

CLASS OF 1963

Patricia (Galloway) Schmidt
Husband: Kenneth Schmidt

We have been married for 41 years and have 1 daughter (Lori), 2 sons (Jason & Cameron), 5 grandsons. We’ve owned and operated a Dental Laboratory since 1970. I am active with church, Chamber of Commerce, School Board, write a local weekly column (15 yrs.), gardening, fishing and am currently working on writing a book.

Carol (Borders) Bowers
Husband: Jim Bowers

I am still living in Schertz. For a period of time I lived in Shreveport, LA during my first marriage. After 34 years with Central Freight Lines I retired in October of 2000. Upon retirement I joined my husband in the operation of our own business, Double Diamond Transport, Inc. which we established in August of 1996. I have been married to Jim Bowers since July 1981. Between us we have two children and 7 grandchildren.

Gordon Chisenhall

Marriage, education, professional, children, travel, etc. – Yes, all of this! I have been hiding in Cibolo, waiting for the reunion!


Glenda (Doyal) Budy

Married John Budy, have 1 daughter Christina Baradziej, 1 granddaughter, Kati. Lived 7 years in England from 1975-78 and 1984-88.

John C. Fling
Wife: Agnes Fling

Graduated from Southwest Texas State in 1967 with a Bachelor of Music Education. Graduated from McNeese State University in 1976 with a Masters in Educational Administration. Received Mid-Management and Superintendents Certifications from the University of Houston-Victoria in1979. Married Agnes Henze, from Victoria, in July 1967. Two children: John Robert, who graduated from Sam Houston State with a Bachelor in Criminal Justice and is a Police officer in Sugar Land. Charles Jason, who graduated from Victory College with an Associate Degree in Computer Networking and is employed by MicroAge Computers in College Station. Career: 1967-1969, Band Director Stephen F. Austin H.S., Port Arthur; 1969-1971, Member of the 2nd Armored Division Band, Fort Hood; 1971-1976, Band Director Orangefield H.S.; 1976-1984, Band Director Yoakum High School; 1984-1985, Principal Yaokum Intermediate School; 1985-2001, Assistant Superintendent, Yoakum ISD; 2001-2004, Superintendent, Yoakum ISD; 2004, Retired!!!!

Vickie (Scheele) Haight

Married in 1963. Two children. Donna born in 1964 and Steve born in 1965. I moved to southern California in 1965. Settled in the San Bernardino area in 1967. Divorced in 1973 and have never remarried. Worked the banking industry until 1987 at which time I got my California real estate license. I am currently a loan officer with Cuna Mutual Mortgage. I have 3 grandsons, Carter 3, Preston 6 and Hayden 9 and one granddaughter, Melanie 29 and a great grandson Madison who is 3 ½. Both Donna and Steve live near by so I get to spend alot of time with the grandkids. Of course I include babysitting as on of my favorite pastimes. I also enjoy bike riding, walking, going to the movies and out to dinner. I’m not a worldly traveler but have had the opportunity to take a Panama Canal cruise, visit Washington D.C. and go house boating on Lake Powell. I usually spend Thanksgiving with my sisters and brother in Schertz, my favorite yearly trip.

Margaret (White) Heinesh
Husband: John (Jack) Heinesh (Class of 1958)

After graduating I worked at the Officer’s Club on Randolph AFB. I married Bill Hadlock in February 1964 and moved to Arkansas. Our daughter, Kathy was born there in 1965. We moved back "home’ to Schertz in 1966 and our daughter, Susan was born in New Braunfels in 1965. Bill passed away in 1984. I became re-acquainted with Jack Heinesh at a reunion planning meeting for our class and we were married in November of 1993. Jack and I have 5 children and 13 grandchildren. Jackie lives in San Antonio and Kathy and Susan live in Marion. Annmarie lives in Redondo Beach, CA and Amy lives in Livermore, CA. I worked for the local Girl Scout Council for 13 years, served as the Director for a private Christian School for 5 years and worked as an Office Manager for Celluphone for 18 months. I am now taking care of this 4200 sq. ft. house that Jack and I built and are now living in. My favorite thing to do is spend time with the family and have the grandchildren with me as much as possible. Kathy and I travel to California every summer to visit our daughters and grandchildren who live there.

Tom Koehler
Wife: Cherlyn Koehler

BBA, Chartered Property and Casualty Underwriting Designation (CPCU). Retired from USAA (United Services Automobile Assn.) in 2004.

Michael L. Loughman
Wife: Carol

Golf Pro from 1964-1974. Beer Business (San Antonio, Amarillo and Houston) 1974 – 1988 (Lone Star, Miller, Bud). Albertson’s Division Office (Denver) until 1998. Took off 1 year 1999. Present living on the 3rd coast, Rockport, Texas (lots of fishing, hunting and otherwise good times). Happily married since 1993. Self-employed since Jan. 2003. Cannot attend in 2005 due to Sales Meeting. Cheers Ya’ll!!

Richard Moon
Wife: Elizabeth Moon

One year in Vietnam. Married to author Elizabeth Moon. Our son Michael is 20. I was a small town physician. I’m bearded, balding and sing bass in the church choir.


Patricia (Patty Bermender) Stein

I graduated from OU w/a MA degree in psychology. I am a licensed professional counselor and certified play therapist. My focus is on family & children. I have 1 daughter and 2 grandchildren (ages 7, boy & 2 weeks, girl)

Vivian (Sandifer) Brehm Husband: Malford Brehm (Class of 1962)

Malford and I have been married 40 years and have 2 daughters, 2 grandsons and 2 granddaughters. Our oldest granddaughter, Kayla, is a junior and a varsity cheerleader at Samuel Clemens, Miranda (8th Gr.) plays volleyball, Josh (4th gr.) plays football & baseball and Blake (1st Gr.) is in gymnastics. I retired from Judson ISD in 2003. I keep busy as Treasurer of the Guadalupe County Republican Party, volunteering and serving on the board of the Randolph Area Christian Assistance Program, subbing at Judson and keeping up with the grandchildren. We plan to travel to Alaska and Italy next summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home