Sunday, November 05, 2006

CLASS OF 1962




August Haufler
Wife: Janet Haufler

Attended and graduated from Texas A&I Univ. in Kingsville with a Bachelor of Music Degree in 1966. Married Janet Smith upon graduating from A&I. Janet is from Alice, Texas, and we met while at A&I. We have been married 38 years, and have one son, Tony, who is an ordained minister. I taught music (Band) in High School and Middle School for 30 years; the last 27 in San Antonio I.S.D. Janet taught in elementary schools for 31 years. I spent 6 years in the Army National Guard Band under the direction of CWO Paul Phillipus (former SCHS band director). I was selected twice to be in "Who’s Who Among America’s Teachers" as well as being selected to be in "Dictionary of International Biography", "Men of Achievement" and "International Who’s Who in Music and Musicians Dictionary". Since retiring from teaching, I work part time at Southern Music Company in San Antonio and Janet does some substitute teaching at her former school. For relaxation, we both have always enjoyed RVing and fishing. We have traveled and camped in most states except for just a very few Northern states. Since retirement, we have traveled to Europe three times, and did an extensive trip to New England and Canada in the Spring of 2003. In my spare time, I enjoy converting my extensive record collection to CD’s on my computer. I also enjoy editing my home videos on the computer and then returning them to VHS. Have not gotten a DVD burner yet!

Gary L. Schulz
Wife: Amy (Avery) Schulz (Class of 1964)

Gary is now retired from working with Army Civil Service at Red River Army Depot inTexarkana, TX. Amy is still working for Domino Federal Credit Union and hopes to retire in 3 ½ years. We have 3 sons – 2 graduated from Texas A & M at College Station and are now married. One son has a set of 3 ½ year old twins and a 3-month-old baby and lives in Victoria. Another son has a 3-month-old boy and lives in Fayetteville, AR. Our youngest son graduated from the University of Houston, is not married (yet) and lives in Columbus, Ohio.

Virgil Rodney "Rod" Adamson
Wife: Patricia "Patty" Adamson

I was employed in the soft drink business for 20 years, ending up as area sales manager for Huntress Bottling Company in San Antonio TX. In l982, I started my own business (23 yrs.) as an independent Exxon dealer in Bandera TX. We are parents of 4 grown children and have 11 grandchildren. We own rental property, a Bed & Breakfast and are getting ready for retirement. The Exxon business is for sale, then we can concentrate on rentals, the Bed & Breakfast and travel.


Lana (Scheele) Anderson
Husband: Robert Anderson

After graduating in '62, went to work for Dr. Richards as a dental assistant until '65 then really took a leap of faith and moved to San Antonio (you would think it was across country). Got a job as a claims clerk at an insurance company and took some clerical courses at SAC then saw the light and went to work for Uncle Sam in '68 (all except 3 years in Charleston, SC have been at Fort Sam Houston). Retired in Jun 02. Have really been enjoying life since, doing what I want to do. My closet now consists of jeans and T-shirts. Bob and I travel some now and will probably do more when he retires in a few years. We are going on a cruise in May '05 and are really looking forward to that. He shares his son, daughter and three grand kids with me. One of the great things I get to do is baby sit the 3-year-old a couple times a month. She is so smart, I learn something new each time I see her! One thing I have learned is that one is great, two is ok, but three is hard to handle! I am looking forward to seeing everyone!

Malford Brehm
Wife: Vivian Brehm (Class of 1963)

I married my high school sweetheart and we have stayed together 40 wonderful years, living in the Cibolo area, have 2 daughters, 2 grandsons, and 2 granddaughters. I retired from City Public Service in 1999 with 37 years of service. I served on the Appraisal District Board in Seguin from 1992 - 2003and the SCUC ISD School Board from 1980 -1991 (Board President from 1985 -1991) and again from 2003 to present and am currently the Board President.


Larry Pauley

I am retired from SBC after 35 years of service and have 2 children.

Sandra (Elbel) Taylor
Husband: James Taylor

I am married with 2 children – son Brandon in college in Germany, daughter Natalie working in London. I have degrees from UT Austin and U of Houston. I taught art for 34 years and retired in December, 2003. Currently building studio/home on family land in New Braunfels. Parents (Ol’Bossy folks) 87 & 91 living in New Braunfels.


J. Kent Hamby
Wife: Lynda Hamby

After graduation from Schertz-Cibolo, I attended Southwest Texas State College. I graduated in 1966 and taught school in San Marcos. I met my wife who was also teaching in San Marcos and we were married in 1968. In 1970, I left to attend Naval Officer’s School. From 1970-74, I served as a line officer in the U.S. Navy, stationed in Newport, Rhode Island and was aboard ship for most of that time. In 1974 I joined Amoco at the Chocolate Bayou Chemical Plant near Alvin, Texas and obtained an MBA from the University of Houston and worked in Employee Relations, later Human Resources, for most of my career. I worked for Amoco and later BP until I retired January 1, 2005. During the 31 years I had a variety of assignments in Human Resources Managerial roles in Oil & Gas and Petrochemicals businesses. Places we have lived in addition to those already mentioned include Naperville, Illinois; Katy, TX; Cairo, Egypt; Atlanta, Georgia; Evanston, Illinois; Geneva, Switzerland; & Beijing, China. We have traveled extensively internationally. I retired from BP as Vice President, Human Resources, BP China. My wife received her Masters from Michigan State University. She left teaching and established her own successful Cross-Cultural & Diversity Consulting Practice. We have 2 sons ages 34 and 30. One lives in Live Oak, TX and the other near Glenallen, Alaska. Both are engaged to be married this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home