Sunday, November 05, 2006

CLASS OF 1959



Eileen (Cooke) Mueller
Husband: Roland Mueller (1956)

Married Rland in 1960 in Basel Switzerland. Worked in Germany for the European Exchange Service. Was a stay at home mom until 1966. Worked at USAA Insurance Company and USAA Federal savings Bank and retired kin 1999. Serves on Golden Eagles Retirement Club board of Directors and Thrivent Financial for Lutherans as coordinator Director. Have 1 daughter in San Antonio and 1 son who lives in Ogden, Utah.


George C. Duve
Wife: Carol (Moothart) Duve (Class of 1959)

After attending the University of Texas and getting a B.S. in Aero-Space Engineering, I moved to Huntsville, Alabama. After working for 3 years at the Boeing Company, I took a job with the National Aeronautic and Space Administration the Marshall Space Flight Center in Huntsville. After working for N.A.S.A. for thirty-six years, I retired this year at the end of April. At the 1959 class reunion in October of 2002 I renewed acquaintance with Carol Ann Soliday who in 1959 was Carol Ann Moothart. After the reunion we started exchanging telephone calls and e-mails. The October reunion was the best thing that happened to me ever. Carol Ann agreed to become my bride and in December 2003 we were married. Carol Ann moved to Huntsville in February of 2004 (on Valentines Day). We have now purchased a home and are in the process of fixing it up the way we want it. God is good and life is sweet.

Carol (Moothart) Duve
Husband: George C. Duve (Class of 1959)

I just finished reading the "blurb" regarding my "life" that I sent for the class of ’59 reunion that was held in 2002. WOW! How boring!!! That was my life then. Thanks to that reunion, my life has changed completely. Yes, I am daily grateful that I am retired from 27 years of teaching elementary school. My older daughter still lives in Virginia Beach, VA with her husband and two handsome sons. This gives me an excuse to visit them for a couple of weeks every year. My younger daughter still lives in a suburb of Rochester, N.Y. with her husband and two beautiful daughters, and I shall now be visiting them a couple of times each year. HOWEVER, in October of 2002, I did attend the ’59 class reunion and rediscovered a former class mate from my one year of attending SCHS!!! George Duve!!! WOW!!!! We began exchanging e-mails and phone calls. We finally decided that was not sufficient. So...on December 22, 2003, we were married! On February 14, 2004, I moved to Huntsville, Alabama, from Wayland, New York, where I had lived since 1961. I have never been happier. One never knows what God has planned. I am truly grateful for the life experiences God has given me.


Faye (Lewis) Eberling
Husband: Floyd Eberling

Married Floyd Eberling on 14 February 1964. One daughter, Tracy Denise, Son-in-law, Michael Be. Riley and two granddaughters, Alexis Michelle and Hayley Nicole, ages four and two respectively. Attended Durham Business School right after graduating, then started my career in the business world. I worked for three yeas as head cashier at the Randolph AFB Exchange, then went to work for the Randolph Field National Bank for a little over a year before starting my career in civil service at Randolph AFB. I started as a GS-3 clerk typist in Accounting and Finance, then got promoted to GS-4, Account Maintenance Clerk, after a couple of years I got promoted to GS-5 Development GS-7 Chief of Merged Accounting and Financial Records (MAFR). Then in 1978 I cross-trained into budge and got a GS-7 Development GS-11 Budge Analyst. I worked there until 1984 when I got promoted to GS-12 at Headquarters Air Training Command Civil Engineering as Chief of the Financial Branch. After two years we reorganized and I took on additional duties and supervised additional personnel and received an upgrade to a GS-13. My office was responsible for budgeting civil engineering support for 13 bases, the funding included Operation and Maintenance, Defense Environmental Restoration Account, Military Family Housing, and Military Construction. I also supervised four employees who provided utility billing support to the San Antonio bases. Floyd’s career was very exciting with the Army and Air Force Exchange Service. He was the store manager for the Randolph AFB Exchange, then we moved to Holloman AFB, New Mexico where he retired in 1973. We returned to San Antonio and he started a career in real estate. He is a broker and has been with the same Realty Company 31 years. Quite a record in 57 years he has only worked for two companies. I retired in1996; Floyd and I have been enjoying ourselves by traveling. Our daughter married Michael Riley on 1 January 2000 at the Air Force Academy Chapel. Soon after they were transferred to San Juan, Puerto Rico. They were there a little over two years. Our first granddaughter Alexis Michelle was born 31 December 2000 in Puerto Rico. We were able to visit them seven times while they were in Puerto Rico; and took five cruises. Lexi was just five months old when we took her on her first cruise. They are now stationed at Maxwell AFB, AL. Our second granddaughter Hayley Nicole was born 14 Sep 2002 in Montgomery, AL. We visit them at least four times a year. We keep Northwest Airlines in business. Ha Ha !!! Michael pinned on Major in October 2003. He made it in 10 years and three months. Tracy is working on her masters at AU, she has a 4.0 average, we are so proud of both of them. We spoil the granddaughters to death, then kiss them goodbye and leave the discipline to the parents.

Jack Madigan Wife: Louise (Shamblee) Madigan (Class of 1960)

See Louise (Shamblee) Madigan’s information below.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home