Sunday, November 05, 2006

CLASS OF 1958


Melford Friesenhahn
Wife: Betty Friesenhahn

I was employed in Universal City for 10 yrs., and retired in 2002 from City Public Service Energy after 36 yrs. We have been married 41 yrs. and have 3 children – Cindy, Brenda & Jason. We have done some traveling out of state including a cruise in 2004.

John (Jack) Heinesh
Wife: Margaret (White) Heinesh (Class of 1963)

I moved to California after graduating but returned to San Antonio in 1959 to join the U.S. Army where I trained as a Green Beret and served in Germany. Returned to California to college with a track scholarship at Long Beach State University. Also went to El Camino Jr. College where I met and married Kim and we had a son, Jack. Discovered that I had cancer at the age of 25. I wasn’t given much hope since there were two tumors, however, I have now outlived all my doctors. Kim and I adopted a daughter, Annmarie. Worked for Rockwell International until 1979. I returned to San Antonio in 1980 to open an automotive air conditioning company there. I bought some land on the San Antonio River on which to build a home. Kim and I divorced in 1989. Married Margaret White Hadlock in November of 1993. We started our home in 1995 and completed it in 2003. We built it ourselves. Between Margaret and I we have 5 children and 13 grandchildren. I am now "retired" and am a licensed contractor to build homes. My hobbies are fishing and working on my land.

Jeanne (Spurkosky) McClain
Husband: Earl W. McClain

NC insurance agent working for State Farm. Married second time for 25 years. Seven children, 18 grandchildren and 3 great-grandchildren. Love to travel and will do more after retiring in 2005.

Diana (Duve) Melancon
Husband: Malcolm Henry Melancon

Married in Oct. 1958 -still married to SAME man! Had five children, three girls, two boys by 1965. Have seven grandchildren ranging in age from 10 to 18 years of age. Preparing for one son's wedding in June, 2004, and a possible second son's wedding in the foreseeable future. Active in family, seeing grandchildren as frequently as possible, visiting surviving parents, visiting siblings, etc. Try to attend as many of our grandchildren's sporting events as possible. Graduated from SAC (associate degree)nursing program in 1971. Graduated from IWC (BS degree) nursing program in 1976, Graduated from UTHSC (MS degree) nursing program in 1979. Taught in SAC nursing program from 1979 until 1993 (Assoc. Prof). Taught in College of the Mainland nursing program from 1994 to 1996(Assoc. Prof). Wrote several nursing grants, edited several nursing textbook, received 'teaching excellence award" in 1996 from College of Mainland. Have worked in various states as a travel nurse, nurse consultant, and case reviewer for lawyers. Continue to give presentations when asked. Currently residing at Canyon Lake, Texas. Husband and I are doing a lot of traveling, and especially enjoy taking cruises. Have been on eleven cruises since we started cruising in 2000. Enjoy sailing on our sailboat on Canyon Lake, when at home. Active in our church, and currently president of our subdivision's civic club. Developed breast cancer in 1995. Continue to be "survivor".

Patricia (Seiler) Nothstine
Husband: Robert Nothstine (Class of 1947)

Worked at pharmacy in Schertz for over 20 years. Married in October 1968. My husband and I fished once a month for a long time. We travel thru different states. I enjoy helping people who need help. I enjoy reading. I read the Bible every day. I walk alot and meet many different people of all walks of life.

Martha (Achterberg) McDonald
Husband: Robert McDonald

We married in 1960 and twins (son & daughter) were born in Fairbanks, Alaska in 1964. We were stationed in Alaska 2 1/2 yrs., Kansas 1 1/2 yrs., long tour at Lackland and now retired military.

Vivian (Wehe) Orth
Husband: Elton C. Orth (Class of 1954) Deceased

After graduation I went to work for Grandma Cookie Co. as an account receivable clerk. Met again and married Elton C. Orth (Class of 1954). We had two children, one daughter, Karen and one son, Kevin. We have one grandchild, Maverick. I am now widowed and live on my husband’s family farm. My daughter, who lives with me and I go to garage sales every Saturday. I love the outdoors, bird watching, gardening and the beach at Port Aransas.

Brenda Colleen (Jarvis) Sanders

Married, no children. After working as a secretary and research assistant for about 15 years in Texas, California and Alaska, I began college and graduated from UTSA with a B.A. in English. I briefly flirted with Texas politics but quickly decided to study the law. In addition to studying Jurisprudence at Queens' College, Cambridge University in Cambridge, England, I graduated from Hastings College of the Law, University of California in San Francisco with a J.D. I practiced civil rights law for about three years but gave up the practice of law for my peace of mind. Currently, I work in a real estate litigation firm as an admin for the lead partner. I commute by rapid transit train for three hours a day to and from San Francisco so I can live in the East Bay where the weather reminds me of Texas instead of living in the fog all the time. I hope to begin traveling more in the next couple of years and I want to visit Texas after being away for the last ten years. My hobbies are environmental and animal causes.

James (Jim Bob) Mattocks
Wife: Linda Mattocks

Air Force 1959-1963. Married (1st time) 1962. Two sons, Robert 41 and Eric 38. Worked as a carpenter in Austin from 1968 until retirement in 2003. Married Linda in 1993. We have moved to Carmine, Texas and now I spend my time flying an ultralight trike and riding my motorcycle. We have a travel trailer and recently returned from a trip to Las Vegas and points West. We also like to visit the coast and fish. We’ve had lots of fun since retirement.



Melvin Schwab
Wife: Ruby Schwab

I was married Dec. 17, 1960 to Ruby Ackermann. We live in New Braunfels. We have 2 daughters, Annette Neuenderff, husband, Robert and Rachel Dawkins, husband, DeWayne, 3 grandson, Justin & Wesley Neuendorff, Chase & Stormie Dawkins. Own my own business – Schwab’s Floor Covering, since July 30, 1966. I do my own installation and my wife does the selling and booking. Also we have a ranch 400 acres in San Antonio on Evans Road which we have cattle and a 45 acre farm on Green Valley Rd.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home