Sunday, November 05, 2006

CLASS OF 1957



Clarence R. Berry
Wife: Lois Berry

Graduated Saint Mary’s U. Of San Antonio 1961; Commissioned Second Lieutenant 1962; Married Lois Hatten 1963; Parent of two sons, Steven and Robert and a granddaughter, Samantha; worked for RCA Computer Division, UNIVAC, Applied Data Research, Texas Instruments Information Engineering, Sterling Software and contract consultant; Retired in 2001 and work part time as school teacher.

Caroleen (Koehler) Durben
Husband: Michael Durben

We married on May 24, 1958 and have 2 children (Craig & Denise). Craig has 2 children (David, 24 & Travis, 19). Denise has 2 children (Amanda 15 & Dustin 21/2). As Michael was military we moved around for 20 years. After retiring from the air Force, we both worked at Motorola (Carol 23 yrs.), retired and now extensively travel stateside and worldwide.



Donna Kay (Eason) Semmes
Husband: Douglas Semmes
Bachelor of Science from Trinity University 1961. Did social work with children at Good Samaritan Center. Our children are Laura and Mark. We have 2 granddaughters, Sabine and Camille – both precious and adorable!

Marvin (Red) Merkel
Wife: Hilda Merkel

Worked for City Public Service 35 years. Retired. Married 1962, 3 children – 2 girls 1 boy. Traveled some when children were younger. Helped with their sports, basketball, soccer. Started SCHS in 1953 in the old 2-story building. Played baseball – track – football – had a great time.


Patrick Pferter
Wife: Sara Ann

After graduation from Schertz-Cibolo, I attended Southwest Texas State University in San Marcos, Texas. I graduated from SWTSU with a Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting degree. I worked for a CPA firm in San Antonio for a short while. I then served in the Air Force Reserves at Lackland AFB for six months of active duty. After completion of this duty, I moved to Houston. I began my employment at Schlumberger Oilfield Services, the world’s largest oilfield service company. I worked in various locations in the Houston area in many administrative and managerial positions in Accounting and Regulatory Affairs. During this time, I obtained my Texas "Certified Public Accountant" Certificate. I worked for Schlumberger for almost 40 yeas until my retirement at the end of 2002. My wife, Sara Ann, and I moved to our retirement home in Walden on Lake Conroe in 2003. We enjoy gardening, reading, walking, going to Houston Astros baseball games, and traveling. I have been fortunate in my job to travel to Europe several times, as well as Canada, Mexico and Curacao. We love traveling in Europe and have also gone there on vacation. We hope to make several more trips there now that we are retired. We have also traveled to many places in the U.S. I have been to 44 states and plan to visit the remaining ones soon. In connection with my job, I had traveled to Washington, D.C., approximately 50 times and it has become one of my favorite places, as has the surrounding area. We also really enjoy traveling in the Northeast (New England, Mid-Atlantic), the West Coast, and the Great Lakes Region.

DeLoris (Readout) Richter

Fellow alumni, the 2004 SCHS reunion weekend will find me on the East Coast and I must decline your invitation this year. Having an annual reunion in October will preclude conflicting agendas in the future. Bravo Committee!! Skoal – to next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home