Sunday, November 05, 2006

CLASS OF 1953


Dorothy "Dolly" (Katt) Attkisson
Husband: Richard "Rich" Attkisson

The year after graduation I hauled corn for my Dad in the A.M. and worked at the Cibolo Lumber Company as a secretary in the P.M. Married Acton "Willie" Williams at Mather AFB, Calif. In June of 1954. Worked for the Division of Water Resources in Sacramento one year until Karen was born. Willie reenlisted in the Air Force in San Antonio, where Keith was born. We lived in Rhein Main AFB, Germany for 3 years. Returned to the U.S. in 1964, Willie died in 1965 and I married Rich Attkisson who also has 2 children, Kristina & Richard, Jr. Upon returning to Texas in 1964, I worked for Dr. Mays (Schertz) for 21/2 years. We lived in Houston for 6 months where I worked as a secretary fro Mustang Tractor & Equipment Co. February ’67 until August ’67. Upon returning to San Antonio, I went to work for Southwestern Life Insurance Co. until we moved to Lubbock in September , 1969. We returned to San Antonio in June 1972 and I went back to work for Southwestern Life & was in Life, Health, Disability Income insurance for approximately 23 years (as Branch Office Secretary and various Middle Management positions).I quit working in 1991, but finally obtained my Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU) designation in 2001. We hav 4 granddaughters between us, ages 13, 11, 9 & 5. I am still bowling two leagues a week and we love to travel. While living in Germany, traveled to Holland, Switzerland, Austria and Italy, as well as various points in Germany (including Berlin & East Germany). Have been to Canada, Hawaii, Acapulco, London, Paris, Italy, Monte Carlo, 5 cruises and points of interest in the U.S. Have now been residing in Northern Hills Subdivision since 1981.



Betty (Simpson) Blake

Married for 28 years and have 4 children and 4 grandchildren. Have traveled alot, been an Avon Lady for 19 years, do a lot of volunteer work and I belong to the Police Academy, & Fire Department for ladies. I keep quite busy.

Chester Sassman
Wife: Peggy Sassman

USAF 1954-1958. Graduated BA Wayland Baptist College, Plainview, Texas. Graduated MDIV Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, Ft. Worth Texas. Married – 2 sons – 4 grandchildren. Pastor of Calvary Baptist Church, Bay City, Texas since 1968.


Robert (Bobby) Seiler
Wife: Sylvia (Katt) Seiler (Class of 1956)

After graduation I spent two years in the Marine Corps (1953-1955). I married my high school sweetheart (Sylvia) in June 1956. We have lived in San Antonio all our married life. We were blessed with three sons and we now have four grandchildren. Worked for Straus-Frank Co. From 1958-1988 in sales and as sales manager for 18 years. Retired in 1997 from Frigidaire Co. Where I was territory manager from 1988-1997. In retirement enjoy fishing and spending time in Port Aransas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home