Sunday, November 05, 2006

CLASS OF 1954


Humberto Arispe
Wife: Dolores Arispe

Married to Dolores Ricondo in 1956 – three children, Rita, Humberto, Jr., Robert and Gilbert. Retired from Kelly AFB after 31 years in Civil Service.

Elizabeth (Berry) Price
Husband: Barry (Bud) Price

July married 50 years. 3 children. 2 grandchildren. I have lived in Wash. D.C., California, Alaska, New Jersey, Bermuda, Heckes, IL, back home and have been here since 1968. We drove the Alcan HW to Alaska in the winter and came back 3 ½ years later. I’m now chairperson of Senior Hot Meals Pro of Schertz. I also line dance.

Walter Edmonson
Wife: Rita Edmonson
U.S. Navy – 5 years, Hospital Corpsman, Operating room technician, San Antonio Police Dept – 6 years. Officer of the year 1964; U.S. Marshall’s Service 3 years. Various companies – personnel Management positions; owned and operated own business 14 years; returned to S.A.P.D. as service agent 10 years. Retired 1999.

Lenroy Koehler

1954-58 U.S. Air Force; 1958-63 Univ. of Texas – Mechanical Engineer; 1963-96 DuPont at Orange and LaPorte, Texas; Married 1962 – two kids and two grandkids. Hobbies: Flying, boating, traveling, carpentry, restore antique engines.


Natividad (Tivie) Medina Wife: Ana Medina
Hi Margaret. My name is Roseana Joler, the daughter of Tivie Medina. He has not had the chance to fill out the registration form, so I am going to e-mail the info for him. My father(Tivie Medina) and my mother (Ana Medina) will be attending the Friday and Saturday Night activities. She did not attend SCHS. My father also wrote this letter below for the book you are putting together. Hope it is not to late.
After Graduation, I met my wife Ana DeLeon Medina and we had our 45th Wedding Anniversary in April. We have 4 children (Ray, Rachel, Roland & Roseana). From our children we have 11 grandchildren, which consists of 8 grandsons and 3 granddaughters. In 1956 I was drafted into the Army until 1958. I worked at Aztec Ceramics for 10 years as a Lab Technician. Then I went on to work with the Civil Service at Randolph Air Force Base for 30 years as a Refrigeration and Air Condition Mechanic. I have vacationed and traveled to many states (California, Utah, New Mexico, Colorado, Nevada, etc.) I am now retired and have been since 1994.
My father also told me that he will be sending you the check for the reunion on the first of the month. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you for your time.
Roseana Joler

Carol Hollis Partridge

I will be a guest of the class of 1954. I attended school at Schertz-Cibolo in the 10th grade. Loved it. Married and now widowed for 20 years. Five children. Settled in Grand Prairie, TX in 1960 and have lived here until this time. Work at our local Target. Have worked in retail since 1980. I’m semi-retired. Hobbies include computer, photography, flower garden, enjoying my family. God, family and friends keep me happy.

Stanley Stehle
Wife: Susan Stehle

We will be out of town on weekend of reunion. Went to work with American Airlines in 1957. Married my wife Susan who attended Northeast H.S. in 1958. We had 3 children (2 boys + 1 girl). We purchased a 75-acre farm on FM2252 in 1962. Have traveled to a number of different destinations by virtue of working for an airline. We really like Hawaii and San Francisco which we attended 3-4 times. I retired from American Airlines on Jan. 1 of 1993.

Angelia (Angie Toker) Clark
Husband: Herb Clark

I got married in 1954. Stayed married for 21 years. Raised 5 wonderful children, 3 sons & 2 daughters. I also have 10 grandchildren and 3 great-grandchildren. Worked in retail sales & secretary. Got divorced in 1975 & was a happy divorcee for 8 ½ years. Remarried and helped raise another daughter & helped my husband raise cattle on small ranch in central Florida. Eleven years later was widowed and stayed single for 9 1/2 years & finally found the man I always dreamed about and married him February 16, 2002. We had our 2nd Wedding Anniversary this year and are still very much in love. "Retired" member of the local V.F.W. Auxiliary and very active in the local MOOSE Lodge of the "LOYAL ORDER OF MOOSE" & "WOMEN OF THE MOOSE". Hobbies: W.I.B.C. Bowler on local leagues and state and national tournaments. Love to work in my yard, crochet & work with crafts. Also love to dance & keep physically active. Have traveled to Hong Kong, Canada and most of the U.S.A. Plan to more extensive travel with my new husband in our motor coach. Playing an active role in my grandchildren’s lives.


Viola (Schroeder) Dittfurth
Husband: Larry Dittfurth
Larry is retired, I am working. We have 3 children and 9 grandchildren. We have been married 51 years.


Drannon William Vines
Wife: Barbara Vines
Born @ Fort Sam Houston. Raised in U. City. Cibolo Elem & S.C. Hi. Christian 1949, 1st Baptist Schertz. Enlisted U.S. Navy 7-12-54. Boot Camp, San Diego, CA. Served on 4 different Aircraft Carriers, 5 aircraft squadrons and 2 (3 year tours) as an instructor. 25 years in the Navy. 7-20-56 married Barbara Kelly – Goodman, Mo. We went to N.A.S. Barers Pt., HI for 3 years. We have 1 daughter, 4 sons. All are married, 14 grandchildren & 6 G.G. children. Married 48 years 7/20. I have a A.A. from Pensacola Jr. College and a B.S. in Vocational Educ. From U. Of W. Fla (Pensacola). Employed as a Aircraft restorer and painter for the National Museum of Naval Aviation (Pensacola) Florida’s 1st Place City. Thank you Margaret and all on the committee for your fine work. My mother is 97 years old, 2 sisters (Schertz & Boerne) and one in Houston. I am a Deacon and Bible study teacher at Pine Summit Baptist Church in Pensacola.

Lorraine (Pfertner) Wagner
Husband: Bill Wagner

Following graduation from high school I attended Incarnate Word College in San Antonio for two years. Then I attended Southwest Texas State College in San Marcos. I graduated in May, 1958 with a degree in elementary education. My first teaching assignment was at Schertz Elementary School. My principal was Ray Woolbright. I also taught in the Northside School District in San Antonio and the Alief School District in Houston. On June 10, 1961 William Wagner and I were married at St. Pius X Catholic Church in San Antonio. Bill is a graduate of St. Mary’s University in San Antonio. We lived in San Antonio, Houston and Katy, Texas since 1973. Bill was in Educational Sales for 20 years. Since 1996, after receiving his Masters of Theology Degree, he has been the Director of Religious Education at St. Bartholomew Catholic Church in Katy. We have two children. Suzanne was born February 14, 1963 in San Antonio. She graduated from Texas A&M University with a degree in Elementary Instruction and Curriculum. She taught in Texas City and Katy. She is now a stay-at-home Mom. Her husband, Dr. Neel Brice is a veterinarian, a graduate of Texas A & M University. His practice is in Katy. They have two children. Matthew is 9 years old and Kyle is 5. They live in Katy. William was born September 26, 1964 in San Antonio. He is also a graduate of Texas A & M University and has a degree in Dairy Food and Technology. He is a Snap-On Tools dealer. His wife Sherri is a fellow graduate of Texas A & M University with a degree in Elementary Instruction and Curriculum. She is a second grade teacher in the Northside School District in San Antonio. They have two children. Garrett is 10 and Cody is 6. They live in Timberwood Park north of San Antonio near Bulverde, Texas. I have several hobbies – reading, scrapbooking, photography, computer, genealogy and traveling. We have traveled to New York, Washington D.C., New Mexico, Arizona, Colorado, and state of Washington. Most of our summer vacations have been spent in the mountains of Colorado – our favorite vacation spot. In our younger days we had a large vegetable garden and grew all types of vegetables. I did a lot of canning and freezing. The yearly overabundance of vegetables usually was given to friends and neighbors. Currently I am doing volunteer work for our church and enjoying our grandchildren.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home